Sunday, April 5, 2015

Week 11 Media Lab and Miscellaneous


This week there were no readings to comment on because the class is wrapping up one project and starting another.  It has been a busy week working on the aerial balloon project and gathering information for my final project that is about the use of remote sensing for mineral exploration.

On a side note, on Monday Dr. Suresh showed us rare footage of a specific species of bats mating that he was able to see in person during his field trip last week. I'm not an  expert on bats but he said it was extremely rare to witness such a thing.

On Wednesday, we held class in the media lab.  We had an informative tutorial on how to use different programs to make our video presentations for our final project.  The focus was on the video program, Premiere Pro.

The only other experience I have with making and editing videos was in eighth grade.  We used an outdated, limited, software program.  I wish had access to a program like Premiere Pro back then. When I opened up Premiere Pro at first it looked overwhelming but after toying with it a little bit I started to get the hang of it. Nick Wigelsworth and I worked together to complete the video below. We gathered a couple aerial images from NASA Earth and we explained the scientific and art aspects of each picture.  There are many effects you can add to the videos using Premiere Pro and in the video below we implemented the zoom in and zoom out effect.

Over the next few weeks I will be using this program a lot to create my project regarding mineral exploration and remote sensing.  I truly believe that having the skill set to make videos using Premiere Pro will be highly advantageous in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment